Accommodation / Finland
Torassieppi Reindeer Farm (Autumn)
Located on the edge of Lake Torasjarvi, and bordering the Pallas Ylläs National Park, Torassieppi Reindeer Farm is situated in one of the most picturesque wilderness areas in Finland.
The farm building dates back to 1847 making it one of the oldest in the area. Today it has been lovingly renovated and accommodation has been added nearby so that guests can stay in this spectacular spot.
Torassieppi Reindeer Farm is also listed by National Geographic Travel as one of the places to visit in 2017.
- Torassieppi has a central restaurant and reception building which is a short walk from the rooms and winter cottages. A roaring fire accompanies the evening meals which include as much local produce as possible Typically they are served in a buffet format and include traditional Finnish ingredients such as reindeer (of course dietary requirements are also catered for)
- There is no bar but alcohol can be purchased from the restaurant so it can be enjoyed with your evening meal
- The reception building also has a small gift shop area which sells a variety of local crafts, including reindeer hides and traditional carved Kuksa cups
- There are two lakeside saunas at Torassieppi which are both heated in the evenings for guests to use. Separate facilities are provided for both men and women
- There is free Wi-Fi in the main restaurant building
- You may also choose to add a night of Arctic glamping in one of the famous Aurora Domes, which are only a short walk away from the main building and available all year round. Please see our personalise section for further details.
- A perfect spot to search for the Aurora, there are also a few wooden benches on the edge of the frozen lake, which are ideal for enjoying the expansive wilderness and hopefully a Northern Lights display or two
DOUBLE/TWIN ROOMS: Torassieppi has only eight rooms which are located a short walk from the main building. There are two rooms to each small cabin building. Each room is completely independent with their own en-suite bathroom and entrance but some rooms can be interconnecting at the guest's request. The rooms can be made up as either twin or double bedded rooms and are really cosy with all the facilities you will need to enjoy your stay including tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers.
Image credit: Antti Pietikainen, Harriniva Hotel and Safaris