Accommodation / Finland
Luosto Tunturi Spa Hotel
Luosto is a charming ski village in Finnish Lapland with a picturesque backdrop of forested fells, making it the ideal winter retreat. With its handful of shops and cafés, the village manages to maintain a traditional Northern Finnish feel and the guests have easy access to local facilities.
The Luosto Tunturi Spa Hotel is one of only two hotels in the village and continues to be one of our most sought-after accommodation options. This is predominantly due to the varied range of facilities offered here.
- The restaurants at the hotel serve an array of local and international dishes. The main Tunturi restaurant, used for the majority of our trips, serves buffet-style meals. The meals often include choices of one or two dishes and local specialities for evening meals. There is also the Bistro restaurant, which is smaller and serves à la carte meals (additional charges will apply if you would like to dine from the à la carte menu). Finally, the Kelo Log Restaurant, just a short walk down the road, is a vast log cabin restaurant and is used in some of our programmes on one evening.
- A highlight of the facilities at the Tunturi is the pool as well as the spa facilities, which are a wonderful place to unwind in after a long day outside.
- The pool has massage and waterfall points and there is also a hot tub for guest use
- The sauna wing at the hotel offers both Turkish and Finnish saunas, which are heated daily
- The Amethyst Spa offers guests a range of massage and beauty treatments which you can book in advance or upon arrival (subject to availability and payable locally)
- The hotel also has a small gym with a limited mix of cardio and weight machines.
- There are seven neighbouring downhill ski slopes and ski hire is available locally. The hotel will also help you arrange ski passes. Cross-country skis and snowshoes can also be hired locally for you to explore the variety of trails surrounding the hotel if you have some previous experience
- There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel for guest use
There are 64 standard rooms at the Tunturi which all have an en-suite toilet and shower room and facilities including hairdryer, drying cupboard, minibar and television.
Each room also has a sofa bed which you can convert into a bed for an additional adult.
Image Credits: Matt Robinson