Accommodation / Finland
This adult-only, boutique hotel is the ideal space for those wanting a peaceful winter break. Hotel Nangu is made up of a series of elegant log buildings, each containing various types of accommodation.
The hotel belongs to our good friends and longstanding partners Jouko and Mari, and is their newest venture, opening for winter 2017. With years of experience running some of our most popular accommodation choices in Nellim and Muotka, there is no doubt that you will be in good hands here as they are experts in Lappish hospitality.
- The main building features the cosy reception and communal area where you will be greeted upon arrival
- Also located in the main building is the stunning hotel restaurant which features a traditionally elegant log décor and a menu which includes many local delicacies
- One of the buildings contains a communal traditional Finnish sauna
- There are 24 rooms in total including standard double rooms, single rooms, and an option to upgrade to superior rooms with panoramic lake-view windows. One of the superior rooms also has a private sauna (first come, first served folks!)
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel
- Hairdryer and toiletries available in every room
Standard Wilderness Room (double or twin)
All rooms at Nangu are elegantly decorated with a cosy, rustic wooden interior, offering a traditional Finnish ambience. The standard wilderness rooms accommodate two people, have a large window, an en-suite shower and toilet with hairdryer.
Image credits: Matt Robinson